Working in retail can be a great experience. It can also be challenging.
Like anything, what you get from it, how you feel about it depends on what you invest in it.
There are many people who find happiness working in the retail, and that happiness is contagious! Read this blog post for 12 habits that we think could to help you enjoy your time while working in retail.
– Get comfortable with your manager. Take your time to understand them and what they need, and through this they will get to understand you.
– Keep a positive attitude. Choose it and it sets you up to enjoy the day.
– Make some retail friends! These could be colleagues or customers or suppliers. Friendships, even with a happy smile, cam make the day.
– Treat customers the way you want to be treated. This is so so important. Treating them through the lens of how you would like to be treated is so important.
– Look for ways to make work more enjoyable, and then do them! They could be in tasks you do, how you walk, how you dress or how you interact with customers.
– Find happiness in little things that happen throughout your day. Break the day down, set mini goals. Congratulate yourself on reaching each goal.
– Make time for breaks! These are vital.
– Take ownership of your happiness. It’s absolutely a choice you can make.
– Find a way to help others and you’ll feel great about yourself.
– Get out there and meet new people as much as possible!
– Be consistent with the habits that work best for you, then keep working on them. You’ll get there soon enough.
– Enjoy your happiness!
Being happy is good for you and good for the business and good for your customers. Choose it. Chase it, and find that the day goes faster.
Yes, retail can be challenging. Our advice is to looks for opportunities to make the challenges part of your pursuit of happiness. This will benefit you, the business and all with whom you come in contact.
* This blog post was brought to you by the team at www.towersystems.com.au where retailers can find POS software that helps them run more enjoyable, profitable and valuable businesses.